Liebster Award Rules:
– Each nominee must link back to the person who nominated him or her.
– Answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominator.
– Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
– Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
– Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
Junior’s Questions/My Answers:
1. What is your secret talent?
I can unicycle.
2. The last book you read was?
I finished Philip Roth’s The Human Stain last night.
3. Where would you like to be in 30 years?
Healthy. Maybe with a few published books, a foreign language under my belt, and a better glasses prescription.
4. In one sentence or less, how would you describe yourself?
I live in a state of persistent existential crisis, and for the most part, I have made some peace there.
5. If you had three wishes, what would they be?
Wish 1- I wish I could sustain my life through writing and pottery.
Wish 2- I wish civil discourse could be maintained by all in the face of divergent views.
Wish 3- I wish my family members would die peacefully when their time comes, unmangled and without pain.
6. Which fairytale is your favorite and why?
Tough question. Mostly because I’m not sure how to differentiate fairytales from legend, fable, and myth. I do not think the words are synonymous. For example, I don’t consider The Three Musketeers or Robin Hood fairytales per se. If I had to rely on what is classically defined as fairytales by our society, I would have a hard time choosing between The Little Mermaid and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. I think a lot about voice and sacrifice in relation to Ariel. With Snow White, I love the idea and relationship between communal living and distinctive personality.
7. What is more plausible, the existence of Bigfoot or the explanation of U.F.O.s as being intelligent alien visitors to our planet?
Bigfoot… in a top hat, for fun.
8. When was the last time you danced to music when no one was watching?
I dance all the time when I make breakfast.
9. Who was your childhood hero?
I was a lot like Twain’s Tom Sawyer growing up in the way that I experienced adventure and reacted to storytelling. Some of my favorite heroes were Zorro, Demona, and Robin Hood.
10. What topic should I blog about next?
To Junior: I’m not sure if I have seen you talk a great deal about music on your blog before. I would love to see an entry discussing your interests/relationship with music, song associations, or any type of story like that.